Thursday 4 February 2016

Time is precious

"I wish there were more hours in the day" - A regular phrase I seem to say, and I'm sure upon reflection a lot of you will. "If only I had enough time to do this and that"


Now I am terrible for this, my days just always seem to run away with me and yes, while they maybe productive I just never feel like I have time to do anything!!! - Sound familiar?


This is something that drastically reflects within my personal life as well. My partner is a manager of a busy cocktail bar, and works silly hours. Quite like myself really apart from at opposite ends of the working day. I also work away so I actually only spend time with him one day a week.


How does this work? - I hear you ask. Well its difficult I can not deny that!. However we both have an understanding of each others jobs and how we work and accept that for the time being that is just how it is going to have to be.


So as you can imagine time is very scares between us. I always find myself say "I wish we had more time" or "Just one more day would be lovely" - which is back to subject of time. We may only have very little time together, and that time is extremely precious.


On this one day - we both try and leave work/studying behind however as you can imagine this is also sometimes quite difficult, but it is something that can be worked on.


Personally I think to have a work/life/study balance is key and is something that I have to really plan into daily life.


I think we should spend more time planning effectively our time so we can have this equilibrium rather than wasting the time worrying and stressing that we have no time!


After all time especially with the ones we care about is precious.

No comments:

Post a Comment