Thursday 24 March 2016

Inspirations


After reading Lauren's blog on inspirational people the other day it got me thinking - hence this blog (Thank you Lauren - I've posted her link here in case you haven't read it. http://laurenhoskins92.blogspot.co.uk/2016/03/my-inspirations_22.html)

On being asked the question "Who inspires you?" can you really pin point one person? is there really one critical person that has influenced every aspect of your life so far? - Personally I don't think so I think that are many people who are inspirational and influence to each part of your life whether it be your career, personal life, Dance, Singing, Choreography etc.

Reading Lauren's blog took me back to when I was younger. After reading the blog I vividly remember being asked to do a piece of English work for school. (I was maybe 12 at the most) Anyway, this piece of work was to write about an inspirational person and to the present it in front of the class. As you would expect most people did their favourite pop star or band or Actor. However I did not.

I remember writing an essay on my dance teacher - who will remain nameless and now is a very close friend, but I clearly remember spending hours writing this long detailed essay as to why she was such an inspiration too me. Now if I look hard enough I do probably have the piece of work still somewhere, but I remember putting in words such as "Inspiring" "Believes in me" "brings out the best in me" and so on and so on. I remember standing up in front of the class and my fellow class mates just looking at me thinking why is this woman such an inspiration we don't even know who she is!? but at the time that is who my inspiration was - and one of the main reason I have gone into a career of teaching dance.

I clearly remember after I had completed the work giving her a copy to read for herself to keep. Now you may wonder where I am going with this but just bare with me.

So at work the other day after teaching a pre school class, one of the little ones came and flung her arms round me and said "I want to be like you Miss when I'm a big girl" and that got me thinking and too me on a major flash back. I was once that child who thought that their dance teacher was the most important and most inspirational person too them. Which made my week.

So you may be asking why have I written this? Well many of us on this course are teachers of Dance, Drama the Arts or maybe you are professional performers with younger siblings, but the point to remember is that we in some shape or form of our work are an inspiration to someone somewhere!


 






No comments:

Post a Comment