Thursday 27 April 2017

And the roller coaster begins again!!

Having received feedback from my draft, I have am now again going through that motion of OH MY GOODNESS....

Now if you hadn't already gathered, I am a bit of a drama queen and always think the worst and that what I have done isn't good enough, however I do think that is something to do with the industry I am in, and being creative. I do find that a lot of my friends who are involved in the Arts are also perfectionists and tend to get overly anxious when things are not just so...

However upon reflection (which I now seems to have fully got the hang of) things really are not as bad as they seem. A draft is a draft for a reason, so you can then go away and improve on it to make it better, and I do have to keep constantly keep reminding myself of this.

Another thing that I have found difficult (and I am hoping that I am not alone on this) is getting my point across directly in my writing. It is all there in my head, and then when I come to write it down in an academic writing style, I go to pieces. Very much like in an exam situation. Don't get me wrong what I write down makes sense, but I just seem to go all round the houses to get to the point, which can be and quite rightly. Very disjointed for the reader. I would be interested to know if anyone has a similar struggle and has a way of coping with this??

For now it's presentation prep! Hoping everyone is getting on okay!

2 comments:

  1. nice post :) I sent my first rough draft on Tuesday morning and am eagerly anticipating my feedback.

    In regards to getting your point across more directly, for me, I wrote out all of my major findings (once I had done the analysis) onto a huge piece of paper. From there I could almost pick a point, re-read through my writing only concentrating on that point and see how much I had touched upon it and how directly it was coming across.. I don't know, I think it worked for me.. I'll let you know :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for your thoughts as to what has helped you :) that sounds like a really good idea to see it all big and visual before writing the real thing out. Hope the feedback is good for you :)

    ReplyDelete