Sunday 18 September 2016

New term, New module, New challenges

After yesterday's brief (well for myself anyway) orientation skype, It is now sinking in that the new module is soon going to be well underway and in full flow again, and quite honestly I'm looking forward to the new challenges that lie ahead.

In yesterday's skype it was lovely to have a mix of both module two and three. It was nice to hear about what everyone was up to and also so inspirational to hear about everyone's busy schedules alongside doing a degree! 

It was comforting to hear from the module three's especially about how they have coped with work load and normal work, and by trying to stick to certain days to do a block of work so you don't get that feeling of slipping further and further behind.  

It was also helpful to hear how the module three's have now managed to focus their inquiry and I was really panicking about not knowing right now where I want my focus to be, but after listening to Paula and speaking with the others I have now realised that this is okay.

Before I had to go back to teaching I explained to the group how I find that jotting down bullet points at the end of each day and then forgetting about it until I sit down for solid working time (usually on a Saturday afternoon) this is when I reflect on the week in detail and this is how it works for me. However I did not get into this habit until nearing the end of module one but is something that I am wanting to stick too as it did work for me really well.

I am looking forward to sticking my teeth into this module and also looking forward to reading and seeing what others on the module are focusing, as I can imagine despite all being part of "The Arts" there will be much variation on the topics of focus.

I can also imagine that this module is going to throw some challenges at me,but I am looking forward to these and to the challenges that other people face and finding ways of resolving them to progress on to the final module.

Finally despite my presence being short at Saturday's skype, it was extremely helpful and really useful .... even just remembering how to use skype!! (technology hey ;) ) 

No comments:

Post a Comment