Saturday 10 September 2016

All Good Intentions - Summer Is Over

I feel like I have been away from blogging for months but on the other hand my summer has FLOWN! by - does anyone else feel the same?

Now over my summer baring in mind I have had two months off I did promise myself with "good intentions" that I would do some research and reading in my own time leisurely to prepare myself for module two. I can assure you I ended up doing nothing! - the intention was there though.

In the past this is something that I would have let really bother me and I would have beaten myself up about but, this time I took a step back. Despite not doing any "official reading/study" I have been learning all the time. keeping a journal not necessarily to critic and reflect on my work, but to record all my positive experience and have a memoir of my summer, and some of these I can take forward with me in my work. I'll give you an example. I ended up doing some cover work for a friend who teaches pre school dance which I have not taught for quite a while, upon record and reflection of my day I realised that I actually missed teaching this age group really enjoy it and find it extremely rewarding.  

On to a change of topic - back to work! Don't get me wrong I LOVE my job and find it both challenging and extremely rewarding, however I did have the back to work nerves. Change of setting being away from home after having a settled two months to go back to doing boarding. Change of routine, going back to seeing my better half once a week. All things that summer had allowed me to place at the back of my mind, and I think I am right in saying that it is a common feeling shared between many. Would love you hear what others think?

However I have now been back just over two weeks and can honestly say I am so excited and a little nervous for this first term and all the events and challenges ahead, oh and along with tackling module two! ...... (anyone else feeling the same?!)



No comments:

Post a Comment